Friday, March 28, 2008

The Best Carrot Cake EVER!!!

( I am not sure who in my family cleaned the plate with their finger...nice!)



This recipe came from my brother. He was the first to discover this delicious, my-mouth-is-screaming-thank-you, cake. He made it first. He said I could share. So, I shall.




Cake:
2 C. sugar
¾ C. Buttermilk
¾ C. Vegetable Oil
3 Eggs
2 t. Vanilla
2 C. All Purpose Flour
2 t. Baking Soda
½ t. Salt
2 t. Ground Cinnamon
2 C. Grated Carrots
1 C. Chopped Nuts (I use Pecans)
1 8 oz. Can crushed Pineapple (drained)
1 C. Coconut

Mix flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon, set aside.
Mix sugar, vegetable oil, and butter milk. Beat eggs.
Add flour mix and eggs to the sugar mix, alternately and mix.
Stir in carrots, nuts, pineapple and coconut. Mix in vanilla.
Bake at 350°for 35 to 40 minutes until sides pull from the pan.
Prepare Glaze right before the cake is done baking.

Glaze:
1 C. Sugar
½ C. Buttermilk
½ C. Butter (1 stick)
1 T. Light corn syrup
½ t. Baking soda
1 t. Vanilla


Place first 5 ingredients in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Boil for 3-4 minutes until very light brown. Take off heat and add vanilla. Pour over cake while still in cake pan. Allow to sit for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes remove cake from pan and allow to cool.

Icing:
1 Stick Butter
8 oz. Cream Cheese
1 Box Powder Sugar
1 t. Vanilla.
Mix ingredients together until smooth.


(Hint for frosting. It is easier if you freeze the layers separately and then frost while frozen.) ENJOY.

3 comments:

stephanie howard said...

This cake is to die for! I can see why now, look at all the sugar and fat. No wonder I felt like I gained ten pounds after eating it. Well worth it though, thanks for the recipe.

kelly said...

i love carrot cake.... i can't wait to try it. yum yum yum.

Claire said...

HI WENDI!!!