Sunday, May 25, 2008

HAMBURGER SURPRISE!!!

My mother made this yummy casserole when I was growing up.

I reminds me of my childhood.

Now I make it for my kids.

Here is what you will need for this comforting surprise:


1 1/2 pounds Hamburger meat

1 16oz. can of Tomato Sauce

2 cups of Macaroni noodles (uncooked)

1 cup of Cottage Cheese (low fat, small curd)

1/2 cup Sour Cream

6oz. Cream cheese (softened)

1 cup Cheddar Cheese
What?
I never told you it was low fat.
I just said it was yummy!

Brown and drain the hamburger meat.
Boil your noodles.
Drain.

Layer half the noodles on the bottom of 9x13 casserole dish.




Mix together the cottage cheese, sour cream, and cream cheese.




Pour this mixture over hot noodles.


Spread.


Layer the second half of noodles on top.


Mix the hamburger meat and tomato sauce together.


Pour this meat and sauce mixture over the noodles.




Top with cheddar cheese.


Cover and bake @ 350 degrees for about 25 minutes. (or until hot and bubbly)


Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

******* 3 ********

I love the recipes and can't wait to try more! I would have probably rated this higher, but I didn't have tomato sauce and used diced tomatos. So, I'll try it again w/the correct ingredients. Although, my hubby ate it up!