Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Susie's Zucchini Bread

When you see a recipe that has "Susie" in front of the title, you are in the right place. Susie would be my mom. She is a fabulous cook. Most of my recipes are hers. You will find a lot of "Susie" here. Most of her recipes do not require a great deal of ingredients or time. They are tried and true. I hope you enjoy them. She hopes you do too.


Ingredients:



3 C. AP Flour
2 C. Sugar
1/4 tsp. Baking Powder
1 tsp. Baking Soda
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Salt
2 tsp.Vanilla
2 Eggs
1 C. Vegetable Oil
2C. Shredded Zucchini

* optional:
1 C. nuts
1 C. raisins

Mix the sugar, powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and oil.

Beat in the eggs.


Add the flour gradually.

It will look like this. (your children will think it is play dough. Don't let them play with it!)



Next, grate and add the zucchini.

It will add just the right amount of moisture to the mix.

The consistency should look like this .




Next, grease 2 loaf pans or one of these.






Pour the mixture into the greased pan.
Bake @ 350 degrees for about 60 minutes. (45 minutes if you are baking four)


Enjoy.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

T. said...

Zucchini bread is my daughter's favorite! (just jamie at Choosing my own) Now I can make it for her! You rock. Thanks.

P.S. I moved up the drawing for the free t-shirt from May 31st to April 30th. I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I wrote May 31st. :-) You are entered. Thanks for stopping by! Trish